Marriage Licenses


Marriage Licences are issued by the Clerk's Office at a fee of $100.00**.
IMPORTANT: Please read the following licence requirements before filling out the Marriage Licence Application Form.

Marriage Licence Requirements:

  • Licence Fee of $100 00. Cash or interac only accepted, no cheques.
  • Issuance of Licences are during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday).  Due to possible staff schedule conflicts it is best to call ahead for an appointment.
  • A licence may only be issued to the Applicant and/or Joint Applicant.
  • Both parties to the marriage must sign the application form.
  • Proof of Age:  Birth Certificate, Current Passport, or Affidavit of Age.  Photo identification is also required for both parties.
  • If a marriage licence is issued to only one party the above, proof of age still applies for both parties and the application form must be signed by both parties.
  • If the applicant(s) is/are living at a rural route address or have a box number an address, the lot, concession, township, or actual street address is required.
  • If the applicants are getting married in a rural area, the township name is required on the application form.
  • If either or both applicant(s) were divorced in Canada, the original or certified copy of the Decree of Absolute or Certificate of Divorce is required.  Certified copies can be obtained from the Court which granted the divorce.  Uncertified photocopies are not acceptable.  Applicants who are widowed are not required to provide proof of the death of their spouse.
  • If either or both applicant(s) were divorced outside of Canada, please consult the Issuer of Marriage Licences for requirements.
  • Once issued the Marriage Licence is valid for three months and may be used at any location within the Province of Ontario.  The location must be as specified on the licence.  

    Click here to download the Marriage Licence Application Form

  • Notice from Service Ontario - Before you get married.  For additional information please visit the Service Ontario website.
  • if you are seeking a religious official to perform your marriage ceremony please refer to Service Ontario for a current listing.


Powered by CivicWeb CMS - © Copyright 2012 iCompass Technologies Inc.

background image for perth south